Water detox is an amazing way to lose weight with very little effort. If you have a big event coming up and don’t have time to visit the gym, or if you want to lose weight and enjoy other benefits of detox (e.g. flushing out toxins, reducing inflammation, or boosting your metabolism), you’ve come to the right place. Check out these amazing, fat busting detox formulas that are really easy to implement!
1. Mint, orange, lemon, cucumber + water
If you have a big event lined up, and need to shed a few pounds, this belly slimming detox from fitness sensation, Blogilates, is sure to help with weightloss.
For a 24oz serving:
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 2-3 slices of orange
- 2 slices of lemon
- 2-3 slices of cucumber
- 24 fl oz of ice cold water
Let the fruits and veggies sit in ice cold water in the fridge overnight or for a couple hours at least to get maximum benefits.
2. Cucumber, ginger, lemon, mint + water
Source: Versatile Vicky
This water detox recipe promises to target the waist line fast.
- 2 liters of water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated / pressed ginger (allows for maximum infusion into the water)
- 10 – 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 medium lemon sliced
Add all the ingredients into a large pitcher. Let mixture sit overnight.
Drink the whole pitcher during the course of the next day.
3. Grapefruit, cucumber, mint, lemon, lime + water
Image and recipe credit: Popculture
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 – 8 oz glass
- ½ gallon spring water
- ½ grapefruit, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 mint leaves
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ lime, sliced
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Allow the ingredients to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Drink throughout the day or discard after 24 hours.
4. Lemon, cucumber + water
Image and recipe credit: Lose Weight By Eating
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber thinly sliced
Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher then add the water. Feel free to add ice if desired and enjoy!
5. Cucumber, lemon, mint + water
Image and recipe credit: The Skinny Fork
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 10 mint leaves
- 8 cups of water
Combine all the ingredients in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
6. Watermelon + water
Image and recipe credit: Watermelon scented water
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 4 cups water
In a large pitcher, place watermelon and add water. Refrigerate for a few hours / overnight. Enjoy!
7. Raspberry, mint, lime + water
Image and recipe credit: Sammy and Bella
- 2 Tablespoons raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 liters water
Place raspberries, mint, lime and water in a large jug. Stir and serve!
Bonus tip: To get more flavor out of your lime, microwave for 30 seconds. Cool and slice.
8. ACV, Lemon, Cinnamon, Apple + Water (Fat Burning Detox)
Image and recipe credit: Raining Hot Coupons
- 1-2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Braggs with the “Mother”)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon sweetener (I use a Stevia Raw Sugar packet)
- Half of an apple (sliced)
- 12 oz of Water
Blend all the ingredients (except for the apples) in a blender for 10 seconds. Add sliced apples. Drink and enjoy!
9. Lemon, ginger + water
Image and recipe credit: Skinnyms
- 1 12-ounce glass water, at room temperature
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2-inch knob of ginger root
Per SkinnyMs. Add the lemon juice to the glass of water. Finely grate the ginger by using a zester, add to the glass of water. This drink is a perfect way to start your day!
10. Cucumber, watermelon + water
Image and recipe credit: SkinnyMs.
- 1 cup cucumber with peel, cubed
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 8 fresh mint leaves, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 quarts water
In a large juice pitcher, combine cucumber, watermelon, and mint leaves. Gently smash ingredients. Add lime juice and water. Allow to steep for at least one hour. Pour water through strainer into a separate bowl or juice pitcher to remove chunks. Pour over ice and serve.
Source: Earth 911 / Pinterest
Source: Femniqe / Pinterest
Do you have any other great water detox recipes? Would love to hear your suggestions!